Can you force an ARS workflow based on a change to run on a specific admin server?

I'm using the handle changes from dir sync control feature of provisioning policies to update a virtual attribute and then using that change to trigger a workflow.

This is all working great.

The issue I am having is since I have 8 ARS admin servers this workflow can be triggered as many as 8 times. I have coded around this problem, but I am trying to figure out how to make this workflow run only once.

I don't see the option to force a workflow to run on a specific admin server, but I thought it might be worth a shot to ask. 

Parents
  • I think your best best is a scheduled automation workflow that looks for "queued" objects/

Scheduled automation workflows can be assigned a server affinity.

Using the "queuing flag" VA on your object would have the scheduled automation workflow (run on only the one server) look for that flag and process the object(s).  

• I think your best best is a scheduled automation workflow that looks for "queued" objects/

Scheduled automation workflows can be assigned a server affinity.

Using the "queuing flag" VA on your object would have the scheduled automation workflow (run on only the one server) look for that flag and process the object(s).  

Children
No Data