Resetting a users account within active roles just hangs

Hello,

We are having an issue when we log in to active roles console and attempt to reset a users password where upon clicking ok after setting the password it just hangs indefinitely. Other operations within AR still work fine but not password resets and I have tested that the svc account does have the permissions to perform the password reset and it can change it fine when launching ADUC as the svc account.

Can anyone provide any avenues to go down?

Thanks. 

Parents
  • Do you use Smart Cards in your environment?

If so, this may be relevant:

Title: Best Practices: Using Active Roles Server in Smart Card Authentication Environment
    Solution: 116902
    URL: https://support.oneidentity.com/kb/116902 

• Thank you for your reply, on some accounts we do have SC required but not for any of the accounts we are trying to reset the pw for or the svc account for AR. Our AR environment and all actions we have needed to do in it has been working fine, this just started happening recently and there have not been any group policy changes or any updates that I can see would have caused this issue.

• Is it possible that you have a change workflow that is firing a script that is in turn, going into some kind of loop?

Likewise, do you have any attribute change driven policy scripts (associated with provisioning policies) that could be doing the same - i.e. triggeredby OnPreModify or OnPostModify events?

What, if anything do you see in the AR windows event log - does the password change event get registered at all or is there perhaps some kind of error getting thrown?

• Is it possible that you have a change workflow that is firing a script that is in turn, going into some kind of loop?

Likewise, do you have any attribute change driven policy scripts (associated with provisioning policies) that could be doing the same - i.e. triggeredby OnPreModify or OnPostModify events?

What, if anything do you see in the AR windows event log - does the password change event get registered at all or is there perhaps some kind of error getting thrown?

Children
  • In the ARAS log it shows the 2691 operation being submitted but it never logs the 2692 as I would expect to see for the operation being successfully performed. No change WF or any other scripts we have configured to be triggered by the PW reset operation.