Can I build a dynamic group based on part of a value contained in 'MemberOf' user attribute ?

Hi,

Can I build a dynamic group based on part of a value contained in 'MemberOf' user attribute ?

I have several groups with the same pattern but in different OU, they all have in their name the string 'RBA-CU-JMF'.

I tried to make a dynamic group with the following parameters:

Object Class: User

Object Property: Member Of

Condition: Contains

Value: RBA-CU-JMF

But the search remains empty.

If I replace the condition by 'Is Exactly' and replace 'RBA-CU-JMF' by the full DN it works but then I have to find each group with this pattern and specify each DN. It's not what I need since new groups with this pattern can be created later and their members need to be included in this dynamic group.

Have you experienced this?

Regards,

Nicolas

Parents
  • Dynamic group "by query" membership rules can reference membership of groups.  So you can just add the groups that you want to look for members of individually.  You can also do query by container so you could create a Managed Unit called "My Criteria groups" and use a query to pull into it all of the members of groups matching a specific name pattern.  There is risk of some duplication here so experimentation is recommended.

• Sorry... might not have been clear above.  You would then specify the "My Criteria Groups" Managed Unit in a "by query" membership rule on your dynamic group.

Reply Children