Delegate Rights to Manage Scheduled Tasks

Hello -

I'd like to delegate rights to manage Active Roles scheduled tasks but haven't found an access template specific to delegating the right.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Parents
  • My gut would tell me that this not something that you can delegate.  And certainly not without giving users access via the MMC (which I tend to recommend against).

What exactly do you want to delegate around Scheduled Tasks? - enabling / disabling, setting start times and such shouldn't be a big deal with some light Web UI customization.

• The users I'd like to delegate to are Domain Admin level users who are comfortable using the MMC, myself included.  I'd like to avoid using the console as a Domain Admin or as the service account for managing Scheduled Tasks.

• The issue is that there were certain things (Dynamic Group creation being another example) that were never designed to be delegated.  So the only way to perform these tasks is if you are an AR Admin....which as you know, is a level of access that you don't hand out lightly.  Hence my suggestion to set this up in the web UI because then we can hide the workarounds that facilitate it.

• The issue is that there were certain things (Dynamic Group creation being another example) that were never designed to be delegated.  So the only way to perform these tasks is if you are an AR Admin....which as you know, is a level of access that you don't hand out lightly.  Hence my suggestion to set this up in the web UI because then we can hide the workarounds that facilitate it.

Children
No Data