Active Roles sync with AzureAD

I am setting up Active Roles sync with AzureAD. I am not sure if I setup something wrong but the I feel the syncs take too long to be more effective than Azure AD Connect which is already every 30 minutes.

I was hoping that Active Roles would update AzureAD right after I made changes instead of being like Azure AD Connect and doing it on a schedule.

I have it set to process only the delta from last run. I tried to have it update the manager field and the zip code but it doesn't seem like it does that even though I followed the directions for the setup.

Is there some documentation I missed, I feel like the documentation is sparse for this.

Parents
  • The Active Roles Synchronization Service does not update Azure at all, by default. The Azure Back Sync which is recommended only updates an on-prem Active Roles Virtual Attribute which allows the Active Roles Administration Service to then perform real-time queries against Azure. Updating the manager and zip code attributes would still be handled by Azure AADConnect, since these attributes are locked when Azure AADConnect is in play and can only be updated on-prem.

Have you completed the Azure integration in the Active Roles Web Interface?

• The Active Roles Synchronization Service does not update Azure at all, by default. The Azure Back Sync which is recommended only updates an on-prem Active Roles Virtual Attribute which allows the Active Roles Administration Service to then perform real-time queries against Azure. Updating the manager and zip code attributes would still be handled by Azure AADConnect, since these attributes are locked when Azure AADConnect is in play and can only be updated on-prem.

Have you completed the Azure integration in the Active Roles Web Interface?

Children