Active Roles does not support creation of Exchange 2003 mailboxes

I have a script which creates User Mailbox or if this mailbox isnt used for active sync a shared mailbox but i get this error

• Administrative Policy returned an error. Exchange Server-related operation failed. Active Roles does not support creation of Exchange 2003 mailboxes. You can use Active Roles to create mailboxes of version Exchange 2007 or later.

Is there an Option to control the mailbox version? 

$attCreateUserMailbox = "edsaCreateMsExchMailbox"
$attCreateSharedMailbox = "edsva-MsExch-CreateSharedMailbox"

if ($ActiveSync)
{
	$Request.PutEx($Constants.ADS_PROPERTY_UPDATE, $attAccountIsDisabled, @($false))
	$Request.PutEx($Constants.ADS_PROPERTY_UPDATE, $attCreateUserMailbox, @($true))
}
else
{
	$Request.PutEx($Constants.ADS_PROPERTY_UPDATE, $attAccountIsDisabled, @($true))
	$Request.PutEx($Constants.ADS_PROPERTY_UPDATE, $attCreateSharedMailbox, @($true))
}

• What version of Exchange are you actually running?

• Its an Exchange Server 2016.

I can create Mailboxes via Policy with "Controls selection of mailbox stores where Exchange mailbox creation is allowed." without problems.

I guess i'm missing something

• I notice you are using $Request.PutEx - not sure if this really matters, but I would use $Request.Put for these because they are not multi-values.

Otherwise, what you are doing looks OK.

What version of AR are you running?

• i tried it with just $Request.Put but it's the same.

I'm not sure what would be the diffrence between using code or using the policy to create mailboxes. For what i like to achieve it's easier to use code since i want to have an option if active sync is need and than to decicde if i have to create an shared or user mailbox

AR Version is 7.4.1.125

• Do you know which condition throws the error? i.e. the creation the regular mailbox or the shared mailbox.  Or do they both do it?

• it's for both the same. i'm not an exchange expert but i guess once you have an exchange 2016 the mailboxe version shouldn't be below 2007 if you try to create a malibox. 

• 		if ($ActiveSync)
    		{
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateUserMailbox, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_RESTRICTED, "TRUE")
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateUserMailbox, $Constants.EDS_EFFECTIVE_POLICY_DEFAULT_VALUES, $true)
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateUserMailbox, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_GENERATED_VALUE, "TRUE")
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateUserMailbox, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_POSSIBLE_VALUES, $true)
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateUserMailbox, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_VALUE_REQURIED, "TRUE")
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateUserMailbox, $constants.EDS_EPI_UI_POLICY_RULE, $true)
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateUserMailbox, $constants.EDS_EPI_UI_AUTO_GENERATED, $true)
    		}
    		else
    		{
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateSharedMailbox, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_RESTRICTED, "TRUE")
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateSharedMailbox, $Constants.EDS_EFFECTIVE_POLICY_DEFAULT_VALUES, $true)
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateSharedMailbox, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_GENERATED_VALUE, "TRUE")
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateSharedMailbox, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_POSSIBLE_VALUES, $true)
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateSharedMailbox, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_VALUE_REQURIED, "TRUE")
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateSharedMailbox, $constants.EDS_EPI_UI_POLICY_RULE, $true)
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attCreateSharedMailbox, $constants.EDS_EPI_UI_AUTO_GENERATED, $true)

$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attAccountIsDisabled, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_RESTRICTED, "TRUE")
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attAccountIsDisabled, $Constants.EDS_EFFECTIVE_POLICY_DEFAULT_VALUES, $true)
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attAccountIsDisabled, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_GENERATED_VALUE, "TRUE")
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attAccountIsDisabled, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_POSSIBLE_VALUES, $true)
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attAccountIsDisabled, $Constants.EDS_EPI_UI_VALUE_REQURIED, "TRUE")
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attAccountIsDisabled, $constants.EDS_EPI_UI_POLICY_RULE, $true)
    			$Request.SetEffectivePolicyInfo($attAccountIsDisabled, $constants.EDS_EPI_UI_AUTO_GENERATED, $true)
    		}

a diffrenet thing i tried is using policy but it just works for the Account is Disabled Attribute and not the Creat Mailbox