deprovision questions

Guys. 

Hopefully someone might have a suggestion or some guidance on what I need to do. 

I have a custom command lets call it Stage1-Deprovision and when this is run it sets a VA called Stage1 to TRUE. 

I have another VA called Stage2 with values TRUE or FALSE. 

Is there a way when the custom command runs that it askes you what the value of Stage2 should be? 

Cheers

Craig 

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi mate, Yes that correct. Single account i see my custom command but when i select multiple accounts in the same OU i dont see the command. 

• You will have to resort to some trickery.

Create an OU VA and call it UsersToDeprov - make it a multi value, DN syntax (this gives you a free object picker once the VA is in a form!)

Associate your Deprovisioning "parameter" VA with OUs as well.

Create your new edit properties command (maybe call it "multi-user deprov") and associate it with OUs.

Add the UsersToDeprov VA and your Deprovisioning parameter VA to your new form.

Now you can populate the UsersToDeprov VA with all the users you want.  You will have to write some simple code to enumerate its contents, apply your parameter value to the enumerated user list and then the rest of your workflow(s) can do their thing.

Hope this makes sense.

• Thanks mate. I will keep this in mind. Thankfully our service desk dont do lots of bulk deprov but I know as soon as hand over an update the current system some smart *** will try it.