Which SQL table holds the ARS management history partner SQL database name for ARS 7.3

We have an orphaned entry in ARS SQL config for a management history database subscriber that was deleted.

it was deleted using the ARS console - right-click 'delete'

it disappears - only to re-appear in the console on re-connect.  I found reference on how t resolve for a 7.4* database in my forum search - below, but tat doesn't apply to 7.3.1

What is that doggone table in ARS configuration DB - or MH DB on the publisher SQL host …hosting the record that identifies the remembered SQL replication partner ?

This link shows the table I believe for the newer DB. <Crizzapp> can't copy/paste - but it references 7.4.3 but no love in my forum search for 7.3.1

Parents
  • I would recommend that you open a Support SR and have them walk you through this.  That way no one can say that you broke your configuration DB.

• opened ... starting back from scratch.  yes, I did that.  and that...  yep - that too - but I'll do it again to follow the script.

I only ask questions I don't know the answer to : )

Will resume tomorrow ... I have a MS SQL Engineer working with me on the SQL replication issue - but they can't guess which table in ARS DB might contain references to SQL replication.    It's like a ghost.  I delete it using the method recommended by support ... reconnect to the console/same host and voila - it's BbbaaaaAAAkkk

Neither SQL box has a reference to the old subscription - which lead me to the hypothesis that the ARS configuration DB keeps a record of what it's partners are - and I just have to find and delete that row.

I suppose, deleting the remaining issueless subscriber - and dropping the publisher back to standalone ... then starting the dance over again would ensure a clean start.  Might have to go that route if there isn't a known-spot in the configuration DB table that holds that magic unicorn reference.

• opened ... starting back from scratch.  yes, I did that.  and that...  yep - that too - but I'll do it again to follow the script.

I only ask questions I don't know the answer to : )

Will resume tomorrow ... I have a MS SQL Engineer working with me on the SQL replication issue - but they can't guess which table in ARS DB might contain references to SQL replication.    It's like a ghost.  I delete it using the method recommended by support ... reconnect to the console/same host and voila - it's BbbaaaaAAAkkk

Neither SQL box has a reference to the old subscription - which lead me to the hypothesis that the ARS configuration DB keeps a record of what it's partners are - and I just have to find and delete that row.

I suppose, deleting the remaining issueless subscriber - and dropping the publisher back to standalone ... then starting the dance over again would ensure a clean start.  Might have to go that route if there isn't a known-spot in the configuration DB table that holds that magic unicorn reference.

Children