Deprovision date via SPML

Hi,

We are in the process of setting up ARS and I have a deprovisioning question I hope you can help with, apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn’t find an answer on my search.

We currently deprovision users via a SPML request but ideally I’d like the ability to set a date and time as part of the request so that the deprovison command runs at that particular time (I.e after the user have left the company, say 5pm on a Friday).

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can set this up in ARS?

I was guessing we could setup a couple of VAs with the date and time and then create a deprovision workflow based on this but I was wondering how others have achieved something similar? 

TIA.

Parents
  • Hi Johnny,

the main issue with this approach is that the account is still potentially active until it’s deprovisioned, is there no way you can schedule this in ARS? 

thanks

ashley

• ????

You said:

"...so that the deprovison command runs at that particular time (I.e after the user have left the company, say 5pm on a Friday)."

I envision it working like this:

Your SPML transaction simply stamps the date you want the deprovision to take place in the virtual attribute.

The automation workflow wakes up daily at 5 pm and looks for users with that day's date in the attribute.  It then deprovisions the user.  Whether the user is disabled or not depends on how your deprovisioning policy is setup - most people do disable a user as part of deprovisioning.

• ????

You said:

"...so that the deprovison command runs at that particular time (I.e after the user have left the company, say 5pm on a Friday)."

I envision it working like this:

Your SPML transaction simply stamps the date you want the deprovision to take place in the virtual attribute.

The automation workflow wakes up daily at 5 pm and looks for users with that day's date in the attribute.  It then deprovisions the user.  Whether the user is disabled or not depends on how your deprovisioning policy is setup - most people do disable a user as part of deprovisioning.

Children
No Data