Time of ARS doesn't match the time of the server

Hello. I am not sure what is wrong here Slight smile

I am trying to manage temporary membership for groups using a powershell script. However, the times used differ between the current time (time of the server where ARS is installed) and the time that the Change history shows.

Please check the attachment for more clarity 

Temporary Membership

Best regards

• How much to do they differ?

And what exactly differs - i.e. the "expiration time" you set vs. the time the user is actually removed from the group?

(Wondering if it's a server time vs. UTC time thing)

• Hi JonnyQuest.

That's what is in the link (it's a pity that we cannot attach picture directly)

I run the script at 11:51 CEST

The Change history registered the request at 09:51 UTC

But then, the property itself was set to start at 13:00 and end 14:00 (when in the script was requested just 5 min from 11:55 to 12:00, and that is confirmed in the history).

I guess that the difference between UTC and CEST is the two hours from 09 to 11 but, what about the property itlself? Why was it set from 13:00 to 14:00?

I forgot to mention that the edsva-ScheduledLink (both start and end) are empty in both group and user, although I don't know if that is normal behaviour.

Best regards

• Hi  

The dialog which allows you to set temporal membership within the Console/WI is fixed to hourly values, it will not show anything other than XX:00 (where XX is some hour value)

If you look at the members tab of the group the user is being added to, or the memberof tab of the users with the membership list it will show the times you've defined in the script

But when you look at the Temporal Membership Settings it will only show the hour element, not the minute element

If you look at the drop down list, you'll see it is fixed to hourly intervals as mentioned above.

The Scheduled Link start and end time attributes are also blank

As the date and time a temporal membership is added or removed is within a control. as its possible that each object added or removed to/from the group may have a different temporal membership start and/or end time.

The above was produced some a little bit of code (below), I also in my case included the initiatedafter and initiatedbefore parameters to limit the results to the two above. Without them, it will just output all pending temporal memberships.

$Operations = Get-QARSOperation -Proxy  -OperationType GroupMembershipChange -OperationStatus Pending

ForEach($Operation in $Operations)
    {
        Write-Host "ID: $($Operation.ID)"
        Write-Host "`tType: $($Operation.Type)"
        Write-Host "`tStatus: $($Operation.Status)"
        Write-Host "`tTarget: $($Operation.TargetObjectInfo.DN)"

Write-Host "`tAttributes"
        ForEach($Attribute in $Operation.AttributeChanges)
        {
            Write-Host "`t`tAttribute: $($Attribute.name)"
            Write-Host "`t`tOperation: $($Attribute.Operation)"
            ForEach($Value in $Attribute.values)
            {
                Write-Host "`t`t`tValue: $($Value)"
            }
        }

Write-Host "`tControls"
        ForEach($Control in $Operation.Controls)
        {
            Write-Host "`t`tID: $($Control.ID)"
            Write-Host "`t`t`tValue: $($Control.Value)"
        }
    }

Hope this helps

Stu

• Thank you very much for the answer  

I have a couple of questions.

First, how do you paste images directly in the forum? Or do you upload them somewhere and share the link?

Then, do you mean that I did correctly then? Cause in any case, even if the property in the console shows only 00 hours, it should be 12:00 to 13:00 instead of 13:00 to 14:00. 

What would be the right way of setting it with Powershell?

Kind regards