When ARS is not a domain admin, using builtin 'administrators' - what granular permissions required to deProvision to target OU.

Our Service Account wasdomain admin until the earth moved.  Now we run as builtin administrators.  What native granular permissions are required on object to deprovision, the losing OU and then winning OU as part of the deprovision process.

We see a failure at the last step of our process, relocate object to new OU fails.  access denied. 

Thoughts.

Top Replies

Parents
  • Bottom line is the service account needs to be able to delete objects because behind the scenes, that's the last step of the move operation.

• Thanks for that table JohnnyQ ...

This is a one-off weird occurrence I'm seeing.
    I've tried the granular route with no success on 'move'.  I hit it with the hammer of full control on losing and winning OUs.  Rolling that back now.

This is what the WI shows on deProvision

• Failed to move the user account to new location. Original location: ' test.mydom/People/Service Accounts '.
    • Failed to move to this location: ' test.mydom/People/Quarantine '.
     Administration Service encountered an error when moving the object 'CN=mySVCaccount,OU=Service Accounts,OU=People,DC=test,DC=mydom\
     Access is denied.

full control in native AD for our service account proxy in that domain - lends itself to allowing this to complete.
    not so much.

• Thanks for that table JohnnyQ ...

This is a one-off weird occurrence I'm seeing.
    I've tried the granular route with no success on 'move'.  I hit it with the hammer of full control on losing and winning OUs.  Rolling that back now.

This is what the WI shows on deProvision

• Failed to move the user account to new location. Original location: ' test.mydom/People/Service Accounts '.
    • Failed to move to this location: ' test.mydom/People/Quarantine '.
     Administration Service encountered an error when moving the object 'CN=mySVCaccount,OU=Service Accounts,OU=People,DC=test,DC=mydom\
     Access is denied.

full control in native AD for our service account proxy in that domain - lends itself to allowing this to complete.
    not so much.

Children