How do I call the value of a policy object custom parameter value inside the script called from the policy?

Searching the forum returned a buffet of 'not exactly it' - 

in a nutshell "How do I access the policy parameter from within the script module called by the policy under the administration node"

I have a policy, calling a policy script.  The policy has a parameter called 'jobserver' - with a static server name

within the 'called powershell script' onPostCreate, I am creating a new group with a slightly modified name.

This works.  When an external tool creates a user group, the onPostCreate policy script triggers and creates an associated computer group.

Sadly - It then repeats the computer create on every other ARS admin service host - ending up with CNF duplicates of the computer group.

I have a parameter on the policy that calls the script that contains the name of the primary job server.  I want the partner group created once from the ONE primary job server.

to that end, I need to be able to pull in the value assigned the policy parameter named 'jobServer'

I've tried <shrugs> ... $task.DirObj.Parameters.Value("JobServer").Value didn't work ... the search references switched $task for $workflow ..no luck.  

I don't have a workflow - it's a policy  under the administration node under Policies

advice?