Exchange Online Management module not loading in Active Roles

I'm unable to connect to Exchange Online Management module from the Active roles.

I've used 'O365 script execution configuration' in the Active Roles Workflow.

Do let me know if you need more information around this.

Thanks,

Parents
  • It is suggested that the version of Active Roles be 7.5.x or newer and that the 'O365 script execution configuration' workflow step is added to an Automation Workflow and not a Change Workflow.

The sample scripts in the 7.5.3 Admin Guide should function as expected.

Active Roles 7.5.3 - Administration Guide (oneidentity.com)

Make sure to select the Azure Tenant within the properties of the 'O365 script execution configuration' workflow step.

Are any errors being generated?

• I'm facing same issue if I use '$context.O365ImportModule("ExchangeOnlineManagement")'

• I believe you might find this thread instructive.

• Thanks Johnny for your response.

When I use '$context.O365ImportModule("msonline")', I'm getting below error

"ConnectExchangeOnline:Exception in Trying to connect to ConnectExchangeOnline please check login details System.Exception: [outlook.office365.com] Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message : Access is denied. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    at ActiveRoles.Service.ScriptHost.O365PowerShellScriptExecution.ConnectExchangeOnline()"

If I use '$context.O365ImportModule("ExchangeOnlineManagement")', I'm getting below error

"Specified Mdoule exchangeonlinemanagementnot supported"

Actually I wanted to get the contact based on some condition/filter from O365 Exchange Server using get-contact/get-mailcontact cmdlets.

I'm working in ARS 7.4.1 version. Could you please suggest me anything.

• Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message : Access is denied.

This would suggest that your Active Roles instance is not setup correctly to communicate with the M365 platform.

In the tenant configuration as found in your AR web interface, are you seeing all "green lights"?

• Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message : Access is denied.

This would suggest that your Active Roles instance is not setup correctly to communicate with the M365 platform.

In the tenant configuration as found in your AR web interface, are you seeing all "green lights"?

Children
  • We have configured tenant in AR web interface without any issue.

I'm able to load and run the '$context.O365ImportModule("AzureAD")' with no issues but when I'm seeing issue with ExchangeOnlineManagement module.

One more thing, when use ExchangeOnlineManagement cmdlets in Powershell prompt then I'm not seeing any issue but issue with ARS.

Thanks  

• I have seen the same behaviour when trying to use $context.O365ImportModule("ExchangeOnlineManagement")'.  I have had success though using just $context.O365ImportModule("MsOnline")'.  I recognize that it makes no sense but it works for me.