MS Teams

Hi Team.

Is anyone managing MS Teams in anyway with ARS? 

We would like to delegate the ability to a select few service desk people to be able to create MS Teams channels. 

We have a Powershell script that can do it. Is there an easy way maybe of having them execute the PS from within ARS? 

• If your current workflow is responding to the tick of a property then what you have is a Change Workflow.  I can't think of a way to have the Change workflow only run on a specific service because I am not aware of service affinity being a property of a Change Workflow.  On the other hand, if this was setup as a Automation Workflow, you can definitely force that to run on only one machine as service affinity is a property of Automation Workflows.

Indeed, thinking about it, you could have your custom command stamp your VA which in turn triggers a Change Workflow to stamp the Automation workflow's edsvaStartWorkflow = TRUE.

VA Stamped ===> Triggers Change Workflow to Update Property of Automation Workflow (containing Teams script)  with edsvaStartWorkflow = TRUE.

• Thanks mate. So if i use a Automation workflow to change the VA to kick off the Change Automation , how do i initially kick off the Automation work flow? I dont want this to run on a schedule but just be run as and when the person requesting it needs it

• Change Workflow is where you detect the change to your VA.  That workflow then in turn sets edsvaStartWorkflow = TRUE on the Automation Workflow that contains your Teams logic.

• Hi mate. Sorry i am not following. So i have an Automation Workflow that contains the Powershell script that i want to run. Ok i get that. 

I then have a Change Workflow that detects changes to the VA. What i am not following is how is the Change Workflow making the Automation Workflow start? 

• An Activity in your Change Workflow writes to a property of the Automation Workflow object:  edsvaStartWorkflow.  The value applied is TRUE.  This will launch the Automation Workflow.  The Activity could either be a script Activity containing a PoSh script OR you could see if the Update Activity supports writing to a Workflow object type.

• Thanks. I will see if i can sort that part out. 

As a side issue, Am i right in thinking that on the Automation Workflow you can only specify the Administration Service to run on when its a scheduled task? Thats what it looks like to me. I need to be able to run on demand from the same server. Is this right or am i missing something