Combining Sync tasks and Scheduled tasks into one "item" to make running manually much simpler.

We currently have a daily process that runs multiple sync jobs all timed one hour apart. In between those sync jobs are scheduled scripts to make additional changes based on the sync job. This runs fine except when the process needs to be stopped because a downstream system is not ready for sync. My plan is to try and combine the sync jobs and scheduled tasks into something (workflow, manually run task, external powershell script) so that this entire process can be run by the click of a button. First off as you can see, I am not exactly sure the best way to combine the above steps and what container would hold those steps. Here is the example morning process:

6:00AM Sync runs against system A

6:30AM multiple scheduled tasks run.

7:00AM Sync runs against system B

7:30AM multiple scheduled tasks run.

8:00AM Sync runs against system C.

8:30AM multiple scheduled tasks run.

Because all of these steps need to run in order, if the process needs to be paused because of a downstream system and then run manually, it is painful to run and wait, run and wait, run and wait.

Any suggestions on how to attack this?

I see that by using Connect-QCService and Start-QCWorkflow I can run the sync jobs manually from an external Powershell script. Can I also add in the running of the scheduled tasks to this script? If so then that would be a solution. And yes the scheduled tasks use included library scripts also if that is a deal breaker.

Thanks,

Rick

ARS 7.4.5 soon to be 7.6.1

Parents
  • As a follow-up to this, I can see these attributes when I pull in a scheduled task:

Connect-QADService -Service "myServerName" -Proxy

$arsScheduledTask = Get-QADObject -Type edsScheduledTask -Identity "TestTask" -IncludeAllProperties

The following attributes are found: $arsScheduledTask.edsvaExecuteNow = null and $arsScheduledTask.edsaforceexecution = False

Can this be used to run a scheduled task from Powershell externally? Will setting one of these to true or 1 tell the server to run the task now?

• As a follow-up to this, I can see these attributes when I pull in a scheduled task:

Connect-QADService -Service "myServerName" -Proxy

$arsScheduledTask = Get-QADObject -Type edsScheduledTask -Identity "TestTask" -IncludeAllProperties

The following attributes are found: $arsScheduledTask.edsvaExecuteNow = null and $arsScheduledTask.edsaforceexecution = False

Can this be used to run a scheduled task from Powershell externally? Will setting one of these to true or 1 tell the server to run the task now?

Children
No Data