Change History Group Membership List

Is there a way to have only the change to a group tracked in change history.

Like:

User was added to group

or

User was removed from group

as opposed to having the entire members attribute Old Value vs New Value. 

Parents Reply Children
  • Hey Glenn - not looking to hijack mPembas thread - but - <confession> so very not a SQL guy.  That would require querying SQL external to ARS ...
    I did find a quest tech had posted a promising script 4 years ago - that would pull the info from SQL on Github (link below)  - but I have not yet checked to see if it works for me
    He is - or at least was - a Quest/One Identity guru from years past.

https://github.com/nickdollimount/Get-QAROldValues

piggy backing off of mpemba post - ARS utilities like the web and the command get-qarsoperation - needs a refresh to allow things like pulling the old value if we want to see it via the get-qarsoperation commandlet (PERIOD) ... and that web version of change history - needs to truncate memberOf  of changes.   

if it is an anomoly - that isn't what others see, when a member is added or removed from a group - then I'll open an SR after the holiday to pursue.

I am in the same boat with mpemba

• For my own view of seeing the data summary (I have not at all attempted to be altering what gets stored in AR change history) I separately do some querying of native AD (although AR could be an option to get similar data if that would work getter) using 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/activedirectory/get-adreplicationattributemetadata?view=windowsserver2022-ps

I include the version property of each attribute entry to understand how many times this attribute has changed. If you are looking at at a group - version 1 means object has been added. If its even then each time it has been added it has also been removed.

If I was using AR to investigate attribute changes on objects I'd be using the AR mgmt shell and not any SQL connections. I may have missed  intent on the original post.

If its about the storage of this data in MH db, or the views of it - that is also a part of AR I struggle with if what I want is not close to the first entries on an object. Where's there a bit of paging / searching to find something it is painful.