Change History Group Membership List

Is there a way to have only the change to a group tracked in change history.

Like:

User was added to group

or

User was removed from group

as opposed to having the entire members attribute Old Value vs New Value. 

Parents
  • I wonder, would folks be willing to allow for growth of the configuration database if one could store group membership changes in a multi-value virtual property on the group?  I'm thinking something like this:

<MYDOM\JSmith><added><11/10/2022 09:30>
    <MYDOM\BJones><added><11/10/2022 14:10>
    <MYDOM\SPatel><removed><11/10/2022 16:04>

....or (better?)

A change workflow and/or policy script could be used to trap these and write additional information resembling the above into the change history.  This specific member add / remove information would be stored in the "Operation reason"  field of the change history item.  So, you would still get that unwanted information we have now but you could look at the Operation Reason field to find the detail you really want.

• I wonder, would folks be willing to allow for growth of the configuration database if one could store group membership changes in a multi-value virtual property on the group?  I'm thinking something like this:

<MYDOM\JSmith><added><11/10/2022 09:30>
    <MYDOM\BJones><added><11/10/2022 14:10>
    <MYDOM\SPatel><removed><11/10/2022 16:04>

....or (better?)

A change workflow and/or policy script could be used to trap these and write additional information resembling the above into the change history.  This specific member add / remove information would be stored in the "Operation reason"  field of the change history item.  So, you would still get that unwanted information we have now but you could look at the Operation Reason field to find the detail you really want.

Children
No Data