Approval Rule - Scheduled Task

Hi Team. 

I have a workflow that kicks off an approval notification if a VA is changed from X to Y. This is all good and is working. 

However i also have a ARS scheduled task that imports a CSV that changes the same VA from X to Y and i am trying to not have the approval rule kick in for that process. Is there a cleaver workaround i can use? 

Cheers

Parents
  • I do have enforced approval switched on which is what i would like but is there away to bypass this for the scheduled task? I assume the scheduled task is running under the ARS Service Account? 

1. In the Active Roles Console, as an Active Roles Admin, navigate to Configuration | Policies | Workflow
    2. Select the Change Workflow that contains the Approval
    3. Expand the Workflow options and start conditions and click on Configure
    4. Click on the Run as options in the bottom left of the screen
    5. Check the Enforce Approval check box
    6. Click OK
    7. Click OK again
    8. Click on Save Changes
  • The checkbox you mentioned above pertains to controlling the behaviour of the workflow in the case where an Active Roles Admin triggers it.  Normally, Approval is bypassed in that case.

What you want to do in the Workflow start conditions is add a condition at the bottom that looks for the "Initiator" is not your service account.

• Do you mean something like this? This is still asking for approval. Im sure i have it wrong 

Reply Children