F5 VIP for administration service port 15172

I'm working with our F5 load-balancing team. They created a VIP and are routing TCP 15172 to the admin servers. I'm having trouble connecting 

Connect-QADService : Server not exist or could not be contacted

Are there any instructions specific to an F5 for ARS admin connections?

I am working off of this KB:

support.oneidentity.com/.../communication-ports-for-active-roles

Parents
  • related question - Johnny Quest and crew, when using the powershell commandlets with "-proxy" instead of "-connection"

- how is '-proxy' selecting an ARS service to direct the activity to? 

I've tested 'connect-qadservice -proxy' without specifying the primary and secondary hosts using '-service' ... just to try - and it randomly picks one, or that's what I thought.
    is that a smart selection process ( like least simultaneous connections in use ) - or just first returned from its internal  service connection point lookup?

UPDATE: I tested setting $ARSESSION  equal to 'connect-qadservice -proxy'  - several times in a row over time  - and saw that the ARS service connected to as a result of the command changed up several times.  The commonality was - they were up and available at the time the command was run.

• related question - Johnny Quest and crew, when using the powershell commandlets with "-proxy" instead of "-connection"

- how is '-proxy' selecting an ARS service to direct the activity to? 

I've tested 'connect-qadservice -proxy' without specifying the primary and secondary hosts using '-service' ... just to try - and it randomly picks one, or that's what I thought.
    is that a smart selection process ( like least simultaneous connections in use ) - or just first returned from its internal  service connection point lookup?

UPDATE: I tested setting $ARSESSION  equal to 'connect-qadservice -proxy'  - several times in a row over time  - and saw that the ARS service connected to as a result of the command changed up several times.  The commonality was - they were up and available at the time the command was run.

Children
No Data