Large Management History

Hi Team. 

Our Management History DB is just getting to large. Is there a setting anywhere to reduce the size of it or at least set to keep 30 days or 60 days of data? 

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • In addition to managing the retention period, you may also consider using the Management History Transfer Wizard to "purge" your Management History DB.  

What I have done with customers in the past is to make a backup and put that aside for possible future access.  Then run the above wizard copy the records you want into a new database that you then connect your Admin Service(s) to.

• Thanks, I was trying to avoid this if i could as we have replication going on but it may come to that 

• The SQL replication piece definitely makes this more cumbersome.

You normally have to do some choreography anyway as I will typically do the purging with an offline copy of the database.

You will then have an outage window during which you connect the clean database to your admin services.

Then, still during the outage window, you will need to "true up" (from your prod database) those changes that occurred in environment during the time it took to do the purge.

So let's say you start do your purge on Thursday and it takes til the end of the day Friday.

Friday night you will connect the (offline migrated) clean database and migrate the Thursday to Friday changes from the most recent prod database to your new clean one.

And then you re-establish SQL replication.

• The SQL replication piece definitely makes this more cumbersome.

You normally have to do some choreography anyway as I will typically do the purging with an offline copy of the database.

You will then have an outage window during which you connect the clean database to your admin services.

Then, still during the outage window, you will need to "true up" (from your prod database) those changes that occurred in environment during the time it took to do the purge.

So let's say you start do your purge on Thursday and it takes til the end of the day Friday.

Friday night you will connect the (offline migrated) clean database and migrate the Thursday to Friday changes from the most recent prod database to your new clean one.

And then you re-establish SQL replication.

Children
No Data