How to check if an account is licenced after backsync following update to 8.1.3

Hi,

I've recently updated to 8.1.3 and I'm having trouble with one of the custom scripts since it uses a newer version of powershell.  We have a hybrid setup and when we create users we aren't creating a mailbox.  Instead Exchange online is creating a mailbox when Azure syncs with the cloud.  Then when the backsync happens Active Roles checks that accounts have a icence assigned and then sets a custom attribute we created (edsvaRemoteMailboxCreation, bad name tbh), which then runs another script that adds the exchange attributes we want.  The second part is working fine, but since we updated the licence check isn't working properly.

Old script - 

$MSOLSession = Connect-msolservice -Credential $credential
$UserPN = $DirObj.get("UserPrincipalName")
$User = Get-MsolUser -userprincipalname $UserPN
if ($User.islicensed -eq $true)
{
$user = ($user.userprincipalname)
Set-QADUser $User -proxy -objectAttributes @{edsvaRemoteMailboxCreation=$true}
}
}

Initially after update I was getting an error on the first line, so I replaced that with:

$MSOLSession = Connect-ExchangeOnline -Credential $credential

I can run this script manually with powershell and it works but the new Active Roles doesn't like it when running as part of a workflow.  In Change history I get an error:

• At line: 6 char:16. Could not load type 'System.IdentityModel.Tokens.JwtSecurityToken' from assembly 'System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt, Version=6.22.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

I had a play with it and changed the script to use the Assigned licenses attribute instead, coming up with this:

$Licence = get-qaduser -proxy $UserPN -IncludedProperties edsaAzureUserAssignedLicenses,edsvaAzureObjectID | select edsaAzureUserAssignedLicenses
if ($Licence ="*disabledplans*")
{
Set-QADUser $UserPN -proxy -objectAttributes @{edsvaRemoteMailboxCreation=$true}
}
}

That seemed to work perfectly until I thought to check what it would do on someone who doesn't have a license. It makes the attribute true even if the AssignedLicenses attribute is blank!  Is this something anyone else has tried to do or do you have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Charlene

Parents
  • Hi  

I'm not sure if you copied and pasted from your script, however this bit might be your issue, as you're assigning the value "*disabledplans*" to $License instead of evaluating it (= in place of -eq).

I believe it should read

if ($Licence -contains "disabledplans")

Hope this helps.

Stu

• Hi  

I'm not sure if you copied and pasted from your script, however this bit might be your issue, as you're assigning the value "*disabledplans*" to $License instead of evaluating it (= in place of -eq).

I believe it should read

if ($Licence -contains "disabledplans")

Hope this helps.

Stu

Children
No Data