what is effect of ARS if domain name changes?

Hello Experts,

We have an ARS-enabled environment where we are using ARS ,Change auditor for AD ,recovery and backup ,Account and group management and others features of Quest software.
we have a new Microsoft Azure tenant and on prem AD. we have installed all these above tool features in new on pre-AD and now we need to change domain name of on-prem AD where all these tools are installed.

how this tool supports domain rename changes. Is this still working well after the domain was renamed?

Thanks

Richa

• The Active Roles Admin service is registered in the configuration database with a specific computer name and GUID.  If you change these by moving the Admin service computer, the service will fail to start as the application will not recognize the host.

When you move the Admin service computer to the new domain, effectively, you must connect this "new" administrative service to the existing configuration database.  You can use the the Active Roles Configuration Powershell cmdlets to create the "new" admin service and connect it to the database.  You will ultimately delete the "old" admin service from the configuration once the new one is working.

I would not attempt this unless you have a second admin service in your existing domain that you can use to connect to configuration database and allow you to check whether or the add of the "new" server has worked.

This is a pretty unusual scenario (I myself have only done this twice before) therefore I would strongly recommend that you engage an experienced Active Roles integrator / consulting company to help you.