This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Rebuild] - script call to rebuild a dynamic group, anyone?

Ok, Scriptsmiths - do any of you have a script you use to trigger a dynamic group membership 'Rebuild' programmatically?   The builtin scheduled task that performs the nightly evaluation and rebuild - lists a blank value where a script would be ..., and although I'm sure there must be a way to script-trigger the schedule task to run - I don't want to rebuild all groups.  Just the one or two mammoth groups that choke during the nightly.    I have a very large group or two, with  50K+ members - and last Thursday night after the general rebuild, it had only 13K users in tow.  So I had 37K upset users the day after.  It felt like every one of them was trying to OCS me at the same time.   I launch the gui, I find the group, I click the button [Rebuild] and a few thousand seconds later - happy users.

Any existing script in play by an ARS admin anywhere - or an inkling of where to start with a script that lets you trigger a group rebuild from the command line without having to evaluate/rebuild all DG's at the same time?

tia

OMG this captcha kills me - it LOOKS LIKE A STORE FRONT TO ME!

Parents
  • You are correct, that functional logic was a little dangerous.

It's a good thing that we don't do that anymore. :-)

Defect TF00379596 was fixed in ActiveRoles Server 6.9 Patch 3.

Instead of clearing all members and rebuilding from scratch, we now only add the delta, similar to your description.

This is the same behavior carried forward in Active Roles 7.0.

For your reference, here are the release notes for ActiveRoles Server 6.9 Patch 3:

support.software.dell.com/.../133478

• You are correct, that functional logic was a little dangerous.

It's a good thing that we don't do that anymore. :-)

Defect TF00379596 was fixed in ActiveRoles Server 6.9 Patch 3.

Instead of clearing all members and rebuilding from scratch, we now only add the delta, similar to your description.

This is the same behavior carried forward in Active Roles 7.0.

For your reference, here are the release notes for ActiveRoles Server 6.9 Patch 3:

support.software.dell.com/.../133478

Children
No Data