How to setup Quest ARS SDK to work with ASP.NET and C#..?

Hi All,

I am working on a project to develop a web portal (or Web Site) internally for my organization which provides the users with an interface to work with Active Directory. I am developing the site using ASP.NET and C#.

The application am trying to develop should communicate to Active Directory using ARS instead of native LDAP queries.

I have been trying to setup this using the Quest ARS SDK but am having a tough time doing it. I have a few questions on how to implement it.

What are the libraries and assemblies that I need to import in order to work with ARS using C#..?

What is EDMS and ADSI Provider..? and where do I find them and Where do I install them so that I can use them in my C# Application..?

Please help me in setting up the Quest ARS SDK with ASP.NET and C#.

Thanks,
Vinay.

Parents
  • First of all, do you realize that ARS comes with a very nice, easily customizable web interface?  You might want to look at that before you build something and at least use it as a base for your solution.

To answer your question though, the ADSI provider is a set of libraries that helps you to interface with ARS/AD.  The install package is found in this folder among the install media:

\Solutions\Free Tools\ActiveRoles ADSI Provider

If you are going to be writing code to talk to AD, you might also consider using the powershell cmdlets that ship with ARS too:

\Solutions\Free Tools\Management Shell for Active Directory

• First of all, do you realize that ARS comes with a very nice, easily customizable web interface?  You might want to look at that before you build something and at least use it as a base for your solution.

To answer your question though, the ADSI provider is a set of libraries that helps you to interface with ARS/AD.  The install package is found in this folder among the install media:

\Solutions\Free Tools\ActiveRoles ADSI Provider

If you are going to be writing code to talk to AD, you might also consider using the powershell cmdlets that ship with ARS too:

\Solutions\Free Tools\Management Shell for Active Directory

Children
No Data