How to setup Quest ARS SDK to work with ASP.NET and C#..?

Hi All,

I am working on a project to develop a web portal (or Web Site) internally for my organization which provides the users with an interface to work with Active Directory. I am developing the site using ASP.NET and C#.

The application am trying to develop should communicate to Active Directory using ARS instead of native LDAP queries.

I have been trying to setup this using the Quest ARS SDK but am having a tough time doing it. I have a few questions on how to implement it.

What are the libraries and assemblies that I need to import in order to work with ARS using C#..?

What is EDMS and ADSI Provider..? and where do I find them and Where do I install them so that I can use them in my C# Application..?

Please help me in setting up the Quest ARS SDK with ASP.NET and C#.

Thanks,
Vinay.

Parents
  • I can't speak to C# directly, but in powershell I would use a Dell cmdlet like this:

connect-qadservice -Service <ARS server FQDN>

You will probably need to supply credentials on the above command line as well. i.e. -User, -Pwd

BTW, the Dell cmdlets such as Get-QADuser all have a "-proxy" switch that tells the cmdlet to access AD via the ARS server you have connected to.  This makes life much simpler.

• I can't speak to C# directly, but in powershell I would use a Dell cmdlet like this:

connect-qadservice -Service <ARS server FQDN>

You will probably need to supply credentials on the above command line as well. i.e. -User, -Pwd

BTW, the Dell cmdlets such as Get-QADuser all have a "-proxy" switch that tells the cmdlet to access AD via the ARS server you have connected to.  This makes life much simpler.

Children
No Data