This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Job Server encrypted columns not decrypting

Originally replied here https://www.quest.com/community/products/one-identity/f/identity-manager/5640/decrypt-data/55986#55986

but probably better to put this in a new post:

1IM version 7.0.2

Hi, I need the password stored in DPRSystemVariable table (column Value). I turned on encryption for DPRSystemVariable.Value in Designer, and then ran Crypto Configuration. When I look at the value in object browser I now see it encrypted.

So, I created a script that is executed in a process step, the step has a parameter (encrypted checked), the contents of the script is just outputting the value of that parameter to a file with VID_Write2Log, it outputs:

[E]W0NdQUZxeFJJNXVYdXkzd3o3Z3JMbnVsYXJFemFrSm90ZkY4ZDdmQ0c0bDk4QStNQllqVzRIZ25hVkxBcUpYM1hWMVl1blFkUzVITExzMkhpTVdJUS9wa1BPTXc2aWp4bkJsdGF4U1JrdUdoRWdMOGhVSDZJN0tCK2o1NU1SSDZXbjdzQlNDYldnMEVLbGExcnJoVGxGaWZzRkhhTzNuZUhFSkhHZ3BnUzFwQjF3VFtDXQ==[E]

which is the exact value stored in the database .

Can you provide hint as to why the process step is not decrypting?

Parents
  • Hi Vector ,

I am having a similar requirement , wherein  I have enabled 'Issecret'  for some of the DPRSystemvariables and the encrypted password begins with '[E]W0Nd '

I tried using the password through the process task 'scriptExec' , But it is not able to decrypt it .

were you able to resolve this issue ?

• Hi Vector ,

I am having a similar requirement , wherein  I have enabled 'Issecret'  for some of the DPRSystemvariables and the encrypted password begins with '[E]W0Nd '

I tried using the password through the process task 'scriptExec' , But it is not able to decrypt it .

were you able to resolve this issue ?

Children
No Data