This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Remote Powershell execution shows password in job service log

I am executing a remote power shell script with the Powershell Script component (V6.1.3) to enable an account for Skype4Business. For executing RPS I need to give the credentials to logon. In case of an error during the script execution the job service log displays the complete script execution including the logon password in plain text.

Is there any possibility to prevent the job service log from doing this?

Best regards,

Joachim

• You might encrypr password with convertto-securestring in a step before this!
  • Hi Joachim,

I think this might be a defect in the the powershell component, at least i raised the issue for a customer. Do not have confirmation that it is a defect, so not sure if a fix will be delivered.

As a workaround you can turn of component debugging on the queue configuration for the jobservice processing the powershell component process steps.

Drawback of this workaround is that the exceptions thrown by the Powershell script will not be copied into the ErrorMessages attribute on the JobQueue record.

Kind regards,

Dennis
  • Do not configure your job service to run in component debug mode in production environments. This will slow down your processing throughput.

Only use this option for debugging purposes, that's why it's named component debug mode.