This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PWDLastSet

Hi All.

At present we use Password Manager along with Identity Manager. Should a user change their password throughout the day the user will eventually get their password reset prompt during the day after logging on successfully in the morning. If a user allows this to expire then they could find themselves being locked out mid way through the day when this time is reached.

to prevent this I want to be able to amend the template for ADSAccount.PWDLastSet so the time is amended to midnight.

At present it will be stored as 10/10/2016 10:40:52

So the user could log on at 09:00 successfully on the day their password is due to expire, but should they lock their PC at any point after 10:40 they will be locked out.

I want to be able to ensure that when written back to AD from Identity Manager the time is removed and input as 00:00:00 or 23:59

10/10/2016 00:00:00

Or

10/10/2016 23:59:00

This would mean that a user would be locked out overnight rather than it occurring through the day and causing them confusion.

Does anyone have a method of this to be achieved?

Kind regards, Paul.

• For Further Info,

I've tested the following SQL statement that will take the date - 2015-09-09 14:54:21:000 - and turn the time into 00:00:000

select cast(left(PWDLastSet, 12) as datetime)
    from IDMTEST.dbo.ADSAccount where PWDLastSet is not null

I need to now figure out how this can be applied to the template for the 'ADSAccount.PWDLastSet' field.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Paul