This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DebugMailPlugin configuration

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the DebugMailPlugin that simply does not seem to be working (with Q1IM v7.1.0).

I'm suspecting an issue with the way I configured it. I used the JobConfigurationEditor to enable the plugin and specified a folder for the plugin to drop the emails. I restarted the Service, but to no avail.

When a SendRichMail gets to my JobQueue, it's apparently attempting to contact the SMTP relay I configured in the Common/MailNotification parameters (it's failing because I purposefully specified invalid credentials, but the fact that it's even attempting to contact the relay makes me suspect that the plugin did not catch the email).

I tried disabling the Common/MailNotification configuration parameters but this led to another error, with the "Smtp Port", "Domain", etc. parameters empty in my step, which led to an error telling me that "Value cannot be null".

I might have an idea of what is problematic. According to the Configuration Guide, the plugin only works for processes executed internally in the One Identity Service. But when I look at the JobService log and find the moment I fired the event triggering the process that sends the test email, I see this :

2017-03-14 18:42:30 +01:00 - Process step parameter b6bc43fd-445c-4105-8c8d-ccc8f6559a3a:
[Job]
ComponentAssembly=MailComponent
ComponentClass=VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent
Task=SendRichMail
Executiontype=EXTERNAL

The execution type seems to be external, which would explain why the is not working. This was with the Common/MailNotification configuration parameter disabled. I did not find any way to switch that ExecutionType to internal and check if the plugin is working better that way.

Any idea ? Am I on the right track suspecting that this ExecutionType is the issue ? Or is there somethig else I need to do to configure the DebugMailPlugin properly ? Any help would be appreciated !

Best regards,

Parents Reply Children
No Data