This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bulk Import Business Roles with Dynamic Query

I have several hundred business roles that need to be created in One Identity Manager. Is there a way to bulk load them with the query included (maybe using Data Import)? If so, what table/view would I use? Thanks!

• Hi Victoria,

Business roles go into the 'Org' table. Dataimporter will work .... if you're on version 7.0 or above you have the option of a CSV Sync Project as well.

If you use Dataimporter and you want a regular import you'll have to build a process, process plan, schedule etc. to make this happen.

The CSV Sync Project has all those constructs built-in.

HTH, Barry.
  • Thank you! I did some looking into this. I looked at the ORG Table View and it looks like it doesn't have where I can assign groups to it and add the query. Would we be able to do this using the DynamicGroup table after bulk loading the roles into ORG?
  • You are right, after you have added the business roles to the Org table, you need to created an associated entry in the table DynamicGroup.

You need to provide all of the mandatory properties including the where clause. 

The memberships for a role a stored in a M:N table called PersonInOrg.

For more information please take a look at the Identity Manager 7.1.1 - Business Roles Administration Guide

If you need to know some more table names in the future, one of the easiest way to find out the table name of an object is, to load an object in the Manager and open the object properties. In the primary key, you will find the table name in the <T> tag. See sample for the dynamic roles.

Hth

• I'm attempting something similar, trying to bulk import Business Roles using the CSV connector. I can get the business roles in fine but adding the dynamic rule to it is what I'm having trouble with. I'm trying to map my CSV to the DyanmicGroup table and I can't figure out how to flow to the ObjectKeyBaseTree which is the reference to the business role in the org table. Ideally I'd like to be able to have the business roles display name in the csv and the mapping determines the ObjectKeyBaseTree by looking up the display name in the org table and returning the xobjectkey to be flowed to ObjectBaseTree in the DynamicGroup table. Is this possible?
  • Yes it is possible.

You need to use a virtual property of type Key resolution to do the resolution of your display name and return the XObjectKey of the org.

A sample is in the screenshot. Please adapt to your needs.