This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dependencies in the IT Shop

I've been looking at the IT Shop and wondering if some functionality is available to do with dependencies. The following logic is what I want to implement.

If user requests item x and they don't have item y, automatically request item y as well.

If user requests item x and they already have item y, request only item x.

I've looked at how service item dependencies can work and the three options that are available but none of the three seem to fulfil these two requirements. The closest option is to set 'It is compulsory to request this service item at the same time'. This works for requirement 1 but not 2. In the second case this will not allow the order to be processed since item x is already requested and not multi-requestable.

• You can control the behavior around It is compulsory to request this service item at the same time with the web portal configuration key Allow request with missing dependencies if missing products are already assigned (VI_ITShop_AllowRequestWithMissingDependencies). By default the configuration key is disabled, but enabling it the system should behave as your use case demands if you going for the compulsory option.

Just search for dependencies on the Configure project page in Web Designer.