This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Query in script library to get a list of users getting an error

Hi,

I'm trying to write a query in a script library to get a number of accounts in ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal that are members of a certain group. Then have a top(nn) clause to limit the number for moving them to another group.

I am using this:

Dim colObjects As IColDbObject = Nothing
	Dim currentObject As ISingleDbObject = Nothing
	Dim f As ISqlFormatter = Connection.SqlFormatter	
	Dim uidObject As String

colObjects = Connection.CreateCol("ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal")

colObjects.Prototype.WhereClause = f.Paging("select uid_ADSAccount from ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal Where UID_ADSGroup = '" & Current_UID_ADSGroup & "'","UID_ADSAccount",1,10) 

colObjects.Prototype("UID_ADSAccount").IsDisplayItem = True
	colObjects.Load()

(in case the code tag doesn't work: 

Dim uidObject As String

colObjects.Prototype.WhereClause = f.Paging("select uid_ADSAccount from ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal Where UID_ADSGroup = '" & Current_UID_ADSGroup & "'","UID_ADSAccount",1,10)

colObjects.Load()

And have been getting this error when doing a Test Script:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Loading list of 'Active Directory user accounts: assignments to groups' objects failed.
Error during execution of statement: select UID_ADSGroup, UID_ADSAccount from ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal where (select * from (select *, row_number() over(order by UID_ADSAccount) as XVIRowNumber from (select uid_ADSAccount from ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal Where UID_ADSGroup = '416fdf4a-f3e5-4859-8c29-c48f940b48d9') as x) as y where XVIRowNumber between 1 and 10 order by XVIRowNumber) order by UID_ADSAccount, UID_ADSGroup
Database error 1033:
The ORDER BY clause is invalid in views, inline functions, derived tables, subqueries, and common table expressions, unless TOP, OFFSET or FOR XML is also specified.

I am using the paging method for the first time and couldn't find any doc for it. 

This is my attempt to get a batch of uid_ADSAccounts for further processing.

If you know other ways to perform the query I am open to suggestions too?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You, Todd 

• You cannot use the paging in the where clause. But you can do a manual select top 10.

Sample code

Public Sub CCC_Top10Test(uidGroup As String)

Dim uidObject As String

colObjects.Prototype.WhereClause = String.Concat("UID_ADSAccount in (Select Top 10 UID_ADSAccount From ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal Where ",
    f.Comparison("UID_ADSGroup", uidGroup, ValType.String, CompareOperator.Equal, FormatterOptions.None), ")")

colObjects.Load()

For Each colElement As IColElem In colObjects
            uidObject = colElement.GetValue("UID_ADSAccount").String
            ' do something for this UID_ADSAccount 
        Next
    End Sub

• Hi Markus, Thank you for the clarifying the paging. It is enlightening. I will need to change the query somehow as the whereclause in clause produces a list of UID_ADSAccount that then drives the main select to produce a record for all groups for that uid_ADSAccount. I am working on that. I also found the documentation on the classes used here in \SDK\Documentation, for anyone interested. They are CHM files. Thanks again Markus for the help!
  • Hi Todd,

you are right, I messed that up as my original code loaded ADSAccount objects.

So this code should load the Top 10 AD User memberships from the group specified.

Public Sub CCC_Top10Test(uidGroup As String)

Dim uidObject As String

colObjects.Prototype.WhereClause = f.AndRelation(String.Concat("UID_ADSAccount in (Select Top 10 UID_ADSAccount From ADSAccountInADSGroupTotal Where ",
                                                f.Comparison("UID_ADSGroup", uidGroup, ValType.String, CompareOperator.Equal, FormatterOptions.None), ")"),
                                                f.Comparison("UID_ADSGroup", uidGroup, ValType.String, CompareOperator.Equal, FormatterOptions.None))

colObjects.PrepareBulkLoad()
        colObjects.Load()

For Each colElement As IColElem In colObjects
            uidObject = colElement.GetValue("UID_ADSAccount").String
            ' do something for this UID_ADSAccount 
        Next
    End Sub

• Hi Markus, That looks good and I have tested it. Thanks. Do you know if I can execute Stored Procedure from the DB instead of a "assisted" query? My query is getting more complicated as it needs a join to add another qualification. Thanks, Todd
  • You can use SQL functions in your where clause if that is your question.