This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Editing Viewing Condition of a Permission Group who is a copy of a standard one

Hi all,

I'm using v7.1. I copied with the "Copy permission groups" tool the VI_4_ALLUSER_LOOKUP permission group. I am still unable to modify the view conditions through the Designer. I can't even find in the ObjectBrowser in which table are stored the "view conditions", only in DialogColumnGroupRight the relation bewteen Columns and Permissions Group without conditions.

Thanks,

Dario

Parents
  • Hi Dario,

You will find those videos very helpful indeed.  Specifically, a screen shot below for your question.  In your case you would select your CCC_4_ALLUSER_LOOKUP copy.  In addition, in general, if you ever find a window missing then select the View->Restore Default Layout option to be sure to see all windows.

Also, you may find this helper document useful, with a worked use case at the end that involves copying some of the standard permission groups: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O75c6FNs50b1D2wvdr6Xxj8S3Gq-7M7J/view?usp=sharing

Rob.

• Hi Robert,

thanks for the screenshot! Do you know whether there is a way to set the permission filters individually on the column level and not at the table? I'm trying to define different sets of columns that are editable for a single permissions group depending on, as an example if a Person Object is external or not.

• Hi Robert,

thanks for the screenshot! Do you know whether there is a way to set the permission filters individually on the column level and not at the table? I'm trying to define different sets of columns that are editable for a single permissions group depending on, as an example if a Person Object is external or not.

Children