This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Webservice Call via Proxy Server

Hey everyone,

I´ve set up a webservice in the Designer. The webservice connects to an external Service URL and the WSDL file is stored locally. I also defined a proxy server, that should be used for connecting. I defined it without http(s) ->

URL: <proxyservername>.<domainname>.de

After I`ve checked the connection in the wizard, there were no issues. The external URL can be called in the webbrowser, where the proxy server is also set up.

But when I try to run the script, which was generated after the webservice was set up in debug mode, I get the message, that the the URL name in the the WSDL file can`t be resolved. What can the issue be? I just want to make sure, that I configured everything correctly.

Thanks in advance

Niko

• Hi Niko,

Can you provide the complete error message?

Does the URL resolve when you test it manually?

Trevor
  • Are you executing the script on the same server as the one you tested on? If running the script through a process remember it is the job server that will run the script so make sure your JS can connect to the url. If you have verified this already then my point is moot :)

Hth
    Kin
  • Hey Trevor,

I`m testing the script on a Client with the Debugger in visual studio in the development Environment. The error message is unfortunately in german:

The translated text is:

Automatic single step on the Server is not possible. An error occured while trying to connect to Server "<external servername>. The Debugger can`t connect to the remotecomputer. The Debugger was not able to resolve the computername.

When I open the URL, which is mentioned in the script, in the browser, the URL can be resolved. The browser has a Proxy Server defined. I already added the Proxy Server with credentials in the webservice.

I hope this makes it more transparent for you.

Thanks,

Niko

• Hey Kin,
    no, I`m executing the script with the Debugger in visual studio on a Client in the development Environment. I`ve already tested to call the URL mentioned in the script with a browser and it works. The browser has a Proxy Server defined and I already added the Proxy Server with credentials in the webservice. Unfortunately with no success.

I guess it needs a Special Network configuration on customer site.

Thanks,
    Niko