This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Automatically create a personwantsorg request based on business role

Hi,

We have a dynamic assignment of a business role. Our use case is that this business role should contain a few resources, but they should not be assigned to the user without a confirmation of their leader. Is it possible to "automatically" create a personwantsorg entry when a user recieved a businessrole? 

I't does not seem possible to assign a "service item" directly to the business role to trigger the request workflow. This could of course be done with some custom scripts, but i wonder if there is any functionality for something like this "out of the box"?

Thanks.

• I think you mix up to totally valid use cases.

Use case one, you are using an automated process to assign business roles. The automation should be user interaction free including the assignment of the resources. That's the optimal way to reduce manual tasks, save money and reduce assignment times.

The second use case is, when the leader should approve a business role membership. In that case, request the memberships in the Web Portal and define the appropriate approval workflow.