This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

v8 Synchronization Editor - Requires encrypted values

So...easyone...after the v8 upgrade, I established connection strings for the all the sync projects. I figured that would be the only time I would have to supply the missing values. Now every time someone accesses a project we have to supply the server password/missing values.  I don't have the ignore options anymore and confirmed DPR\UI\EncryptedValueHandling had IgnoreAll enabled... What other options do I have to avoid entering the values every time?

• Hi Michael,

the option IgnoreAll for the configuration parameter forces the Synchronization Editor to ignore all encrypted values when you load a project. When he detects that you would need one of the values to be decrypted, for example when you open the target system view he is presenting you the option to provide the password now or to use a remote connection to have all the options available that would need the decrypted password like the target system browser.

If you click Cancel you can continue to the next page, but not all options might work. Especially those that would need the password.

If you want the old behavior (pre 7.1 I think) back, just configure the configuration parameter to the value ByUser.

• Thanks..I was just thinking about that backwards I guess. ByUser fixed the issue.