This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sync Project Editor Won't Open a Project

Hi,

We are having a serious and very frustrating issue with an LDAP sync project that is now throwing an exception error when we try to open it - the only change we've made recently is to try and implement a multi value attribute for M:N mapping to LDAPAccountInLDAPGroup and LDAPGroupInLDAPGroup.

We have been trying for over a month now to get this SIMPLE concept to work - the RACF LDAP has a multi-value attribute on RHS which needs importing to LHS to cover group memberships. We've referenced the product documentation, multiple guides, walkthroughs provided by people who have got this working before, and even referred to past LDAP project examples.

Most of the things we have tried don't even pass sync project validation. The last commit did pass validation, but now the sync project won't even open because it is objecting to the mapping. 

Is there a quick way to just remove the offending mapping from the sync project? If not, what's the best option?

Secondly, if anyone has ever managed to get this logic to work in an LDAP sync project, can they provide tips because we literally have run out of ideas. We can import accounts just fine, we can import groups just fine, but the minute we try to configure the group membership mapping, it all falls apart.

We cannot export from the customer environment, but here are two screenshots.

• To solve the load problem you could check the following:

• Check entries in table DPRSchemaproperty with DisplayName = 'vrtMember' and UID_DPRSchemaPropertreference = '384932...' (the UID from your error). I strongly believe there is more than one entry showing up. This would lead to the error from your error message.

I would then delete one or both entries.

!ATTENTION! Please create a backup of the database before deleting anything.

Of course, contacting support is an option as well.

• Thanks Markus. We will try that today.

If this doesn't work, is there a way we can delete the sync project without opening it in the sync editor? It might be easier to start again, but at the moment the project has to be loaded before the Sync Editor can delete it.
  • The sync projects are stored in the table DPRShell. Deleting the entry there should delete everything else.

Caution: I haven't tried that but I am pretty sure it does.
  • Thanks Markus, you were right. The duplication actually came from a mapping that had been deleted but was still creating a conflict.