This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Password Reset Portal and API (v8.0.1)

Hey all,

Can anyone speak to whether a method or script is exposed via the API that would allow for retrieving a passcode for a person? While the current experience in the password reset portal is a great feature, I am looking to see if I can mock up a solution that allows for a push to the person's mobile device by handing the passcode off to our MDM solution.

In order to do this, I would have to be able to retrieve a one-time passcode for a person programmatically. My goal, of course, would be to dovetail this with our MFA solution so that we have several layers of non-repudiation. 

As a side note, I wanted to just mention that I think that you guys have done a fantastic job with the current release of this feature, so much consideration has been put into it and I am excited to show this to my colleagues.

Thanks!

Parents
  • You can call the customizer method "CreatePassCode" on a Person object to set the passcode. The method returns the generated passcode in cleartext.

Any process can call this method as long as write permission to the columns Person.PassCode and Person.PassCodeExpires is granted.

• You can call the customizer method "CreatePassCode" on a Person object to set the passcode. The method returns the generated passcode in cleartext.

Any process can call this method as long as write permission to the columns Person.PassCode and Person.PassCodeExpires is granted.

Children