This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error message when checking the consistency of definition xml for Powershell connector

When I'm configuring a Powershell connector, I got error when performing xml consistency check, the error is "The definition given is invalid. Error: Type (VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave.VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector) not found!"

I've raised a service ticket Service Request # 4320758 but so far no finding by the service desk. Could anyone here have a look and give some advice?

The 1IM version is 7.12 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks in advance!

• Sad to hear that. But it does not seem to be .NET version related though as you mentioned first it worked with 4.6.1 and now it is not working with 4.6.1. So it seems somehow related to the installation itself.

I already explained the reason for the second error in my answer in this thread here  https://www.quest.com/community/one-identity/identity-manager/f/identity-manager-forum/27568/error-message-when-checking-the-consistency-of-definition-xml-for-powershell-connector/67582#67582

• Thanks Markus, I've figured out what the reason was. My 1IM client tool is installed on another machine, not on the job server, and the 1IM workstation installation does not include VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.dll, this dll is only installed with 1IM job server service, so when I was performing xml consistency check, 1IM sync editor could not find the dll in local installation to perform the task.

I had also tried to check the option "Connect using remote connection server" to let it run on the job server, however I got error "TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.16.102:2880", so I gave up and keep running on local workstation.

When I raised the issue to 1IM PS and the Service Desk, they all suggested the XML validated without issue in their environment, and keep suggesting me check dll and .Net version. I guess in their labs they installed all components in one machine, maybe same in yours?

• Sounds like something to look into on our side why the dll is not installed on a client with the Synchronization Editor installed.

Thanks for findings this. Thing is, you started the thread referencing a server installation that's all.

Regardless, we are going to add the dll to the client installation in future versions or service packs.

But keep in mind, there are connectors that will not and cannot be installed on every client. To test those connections you will need to use a remote connection.