This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error message when checking the consistency of definition xml for Powershell connector

When I'm configuring a Powershell connector, I got error when performing xml consistency check, the error is "The definition given is invalid. Error: Type (VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave.VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector) not found!"

I've raised a service ticket Service Request # 4320758 but so far no finding by the service desk. Could anyone here have a look and give some advice?

The 1IM version is 7.12 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks in advance!

• To have a look, the community would need your configuration XML for the PowerShell connector.

• Hi Markus, the xml had been uploaded to the SR, I paste here for your reference.

But even I use the example xml provided by 1IM installation package, I still got the same error.

• I am getting a different error message with the attached XML.

The definition given is invalid. Error:  An item with the same key has already been added.

The error is related to the fact the CustomCommands are listed in the PredefinedCommands section as well. If I remove the duplicates from the PredefinedCommands my checks are all green.

In regards to your other error, I would check the binaries of your installation for any version mismatches. And, just as a wild guess, did you have any entries in the table QBMClrType where the content of the column Assembly or FullTypeName is something like VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave.VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector?

• No, I can't find "VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave.VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector" in table QBMClrType, please refer to the screen capture.

• No clue then. Does it work if you try to do this on a different system?

• I've tried on both DEV and UAT environment, and got same error. "The definition given is invalid. Error:  Type (VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave, VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector) not found!"

And I've carefully checked the requirement against 1IM support document for setting up Powershell connector,

==================================

Windows operation system - Windows2012R2

Microsoft .Net Framework - 4.7.02558

Windows Installer - yes

Windows Powershell - v4

One Identity Manager Service - yes

===================================

Do you have idea what VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave is used for? I searched online but no any finding.

As for VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector, I can find the dll in the 1IM path in the job server, but not sure what it relates to the error message.

• Can you confirm that the file version of the DLL VI.Projector.PowerShell.Connector.dll is 7.1.43.193 (as for 7.1.2)?

VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave is an internal class of the connector used by the Connector UI (The wizard shown during the creation of the connection in Synchronization Editor for example).

• Seems the issue is caused by .Net Framework 4.7.

Although I have updated 1IM to 7.1.3 and applied the hotfix which is related to .Net 4.7, the issue persists until I completely remove .Net 4.7 related OS patches. The issue is gone after I removing .Net 4.7 and installed 4.6.1

• Strange. My system is using .NET Framework 4.7.2 and it works. 

• Sorry to tell, that the problem is still not fixed.

Per my further test, I have another server Windows2012R2 with .Net Framework 4.6.1, no patching since July 2017, and I

• downloaded and installed OneIdentity Manager (Workstation) version 7.1.3 with hotfix 255557
    • built a new 1IM database and reinstalled job server service with 7.1.3 source
    • try to validate the default sample XML come with OneIdentity Manager installation

And still I got the error of “Type (VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave, VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector) not found!”.

If I run the consistency check from the Sync Editor installed on the job server, I got another error message “An item with the same key had already been added” which I had reported before.screen capture 20180801