This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error message when checking the consistency of definition xml for Powershell connector

When I'm configuring a Powershell connector, I got error when performing xml consistency check, the error is "The definition given is invalid. Error: Type (VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave.VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector) not found!"

I've raised a service ticket Service Request # 4320758 but so far no finding by the service desk. Could anyone here have a look and give some advice?

The 1IM version is 7.12 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks in advance!

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Markus, the xml had been uploaded to the SR, I paste here for your reference.

But even I use the example xml provided by 1IM installation package, I still got the same error.

• I am getting a different error message with the attached XML.

The definition given is invalid. Error:  An item with the same key has already been added.

The error is related to the fact the CustomCommands are listed in the PredefinedCommands section as well. If I remove the duplicates from the PredefinedCommands my checks are all green.

In regards to your other error, I would check the binaries of your installation for any version mismatches. And, just as a wild guess, did you have any entries in the table QBMClrType where the content of the column Assembly or FullTypeName is something like VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave.VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector?

• No, I can't find "VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave.VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector" in table QBMClrType, please refer to the screen capture.

• No clue then. Does it work if you try to do this on a different system?

• I've tried on both DEV and UAT environment, and got same error. "The definition given is invalid. Error:  Type (VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave, VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector) not found!"

And I've carefully checked the requirement against 1IM support document for setting up Powershell connector,

==================================

Windows operation system - Windows2012R2

Microsoft .Net Framework - 4.7.02558

Windows Installer - yes

Windows Powershell - v4

One Identity Manager Service - yes

===================================

Do you have idea what VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave is used for? I searched online but no any finding.

As for VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector, I can find the dll in the 1IM path in the job server, but not sure what it relates to the error message.

• Can you confirm that the file version of the DLL VI.Projector.PowerShell.Connector.dll is 7.1.43.193 (as for 7.1.2)?

VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave is an internal class of the connector used by the Connector UI (The wizard shown during the creation of the connection in Synchronization Editor for example).

• Seems the issue is caused by .Net Framework 4.7.

Although I have updated 1IM to 7.1.3 and applied the hotfix which is related to .Net 4.7, the issue persists until I completely remove .Net 4.7 related OS patches. The issue is gone after I removing .Net 4.7 and installed 4.6.1

• Strange. My system is using .NET Framework 4.7.2 and it works. 

• Sorry to tell, that the problem is still not fixed.

Per my further test, I have another server Windows2012R2 with .Net Framework 4.6.1, no patching since July 2017, and I

• downloaded and installed OneIdentity Manager (Workstation) version 7.1.3 with hotfix 255557
    • built a new 1IM database and reinstalled job server service with 7.1.3 source
    • try to validate the default sample XML come with OneIdentity Manager installation

And still I got the error of “Type (VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector.Configuration.PoshConfigSlave, VI.Projector.Powershell.Connector) not found!”.

If I run the consistency check from the Sync Editor installed on the job server, I got another error message “An item with the same key had already been added” which I had reported before.screen capture 20180801

• Sad to hear that. But it does not seem to be .NET version related though as you mentioned first it worked with 4.6.1 and now it is not working with 4.6.1. So it seems somehow related to the installation itself.

I already explained the reason for the second error in my answer in this thread here  https://www.quest.com/community/one-identity/identity-manager/f/identity-manager-forum/27568/error-message-when-checking-the-consistency-of-definition-xml-for-powershell-connector/67582#67582