This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Creating Home Folder in AD using exact credentials

I have a problem with the creating of home folder for AD Accounts. We don't have Job Service on the home server, so I had to customize default process to make this process to be executed by our job servers.

Everything works fine in development environment. I thought that OIM used credentials from the AD connector (which I entered in sync editor), but I was wrong.

Now I see that OIM tries to create home folder using credentials from "Logon As" of job service. (I use process task "FileComponent - CreatePath" for creating  and "FileComponent - ModifyFileAccess_Win32"  for setting rights)

We can’t get rights for Job Server account for creating folders.

So I tried to create process with using process task “PowerShellComponent – Execute Script” with script:

“Imports System

Imports System.Collections.Generic

Dim strLogin As String = Get_Encrypted_Login($XObjectKey$)

Dim strPassword As String =  "&Out(DecryptedPwd)&"

Dim script As New StringBuilder()

script.Append("$creds = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PsCredential -ArgumentList """)

script.Append( strLogin )

script.Append( """,(ConvertTo-SecureString """)

script.Append( strPassword )

script.Append(""" –AsPlainText -force)")

script.Append(Environment.NewLine)

script.Append("Start-Process cmd.exe -ArgumentList ""/c mkdir ")

script.Append($HomeDirectory$)

script.Append(""" -Credential $creds")

script.Append(Environment.NewLine)

Value = script.ToString() ”

When I use such PowerShell script in PowerShell console it creates folder (with the same creds), but it doesn’t create folder from the process, though I don’t get any errors (process finishes successfully). May be I can’t use command “Start-Process” ?

How can I solve my problem and create folder using necessary creds?