This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to login with empty system user password

Hi All,

In one of the installation I forgot System Users passwords.  So I accessed SQL Management Studio and cleared password. Then tried to login Launch Pad with empty password.  But system not allowing me to login because of the Password Policy in 8x version.

I did same in 6x and 7x, it used to work.  How can I login using System User with Empty password.

Thanks,

Jaipal.

• Hi Jaipal,

This is not allowed without changing the password policy as well.  But you can modify the password policy via SQL.

• Thanks George.  Its working.

Here are the steps:

1. Access SQL Management Studio
    2. Remove system user password by using following querie
      1. Update DialogUser set password=null where username=’viadmin’
    3. Run following command to make to 0 for default password policy i.e ‘One Identity Manager password policy’
      1. From 8x onwards, all users passwords should comply with password policy
      2. Update QBMPwdPolicy set minlen=0 where DisplayName=’%Globals.QIM_ProductNameShort% password policy’
      3. So above statement updates default password policy minimum length 8 to 0
    4. Then open Launch Pad and login with viadmin/no password.
    5. After above steps and update Default Password Policy Minimum length to 8.

Thanks,

Jaipal.