This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error while setting QServiceConnection while creating share

While executing a script i am facing below error. The term 'Set-QServiceConnection' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

How it can be resolved?

Top Replies

Parents
  • Unfortunately, we need more information from you to assist here.

What version of DGE are you deploying?

Did you import the PowerShell module?

Trevor

• I am using One IM Data Governance 8.0. and i have not imported Powershell module manually.

I have raised request for New file system share and while creating that the OOOB process are called.In one of process step while executing the script i am receiving this error.

\LOCALJOBSERVER2 - VI.JobService.JobComponents.PowerShellComponent - 68eed821-b684-44d4-936c-e6c13931ac6b: Errors occurred
    Last action taken by target system provider was: The term 'Set-QServiceConnection' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Process task Execute Script failed.

Snippet from script:

theScript.AppendLine("Import-Module ""C:\Program Files\One Identity\One Identity Manager\QAM.Client.PowerShell.dll"" -WarningAction Ignore")
    theScript.AppendLine(String.Format("Set-QServiceConnection -Deployment {0} -ServerName {1} -Port {2}", _
    Connection.GetConfigParm("TargetSystem\ADS\QAM\QAMServer\Deployment"), _

Connection.GetConfigParm("TargetSystem\ADS\QAM\QAMServer\ServerName"), _ 

Connection.GetConfigParm("TargetSystem\ADS\QAM\QAMServer\Port"))

Kindly suggest.

• Hi,

As suggests ..... the powershell module that contains the command 'Set-QServiceConnection' must be imported on the job server or server that is running that Powershell.  And the user or context within which that powershell is running must have access to that module.  I know nothing about DGE but this is a Powershell issue.

HTH, Barry.

• Please refer to the documentation for more information: https://support.oneidentity.com/technical-documents/identity-manager-data-governance-edition/8.0/user-guide/49#TOPIC-853223.

The cmdlets cannot be accessed until they are imported.

Thanks

• The problem is that the JobServer that is marked as "Data Governance Connector" does not have the Data Governance Agent installed.  Make sure that you don't select "Data Governance Connector" on all of your JobServers.  If you do that, we have basic load balancing algorithm in the product to select any JobServer that is marked with "Data Governance Conector"  "Server Function" to run that specific job, in your case, I think it's the "Add To Data Governance" job chain.   You can find the "Server Function" tab in the "Designer", under the JobServer configurations.

• Thanks for your input!

I have made the changes and remote job server with DGE Agent has "Data Governance Connector". I also have "Data Governance Connector" on job server where DGE services are running.But still i am facing same issue.

• Your architecture/configuration does not sound correct.  The "Data Governance Connector" should only be checked for JobServer that has the DGE agent only.   You can quickly verify if the above script works by opening a PowerShell prompt and running the command to load the DGE PowerShell module on the DGE agent host.

Import-Module "C:\Program Files\One Identity\One Identity Manager\QAM.Client.PowerShell.dll"

In your cases, it's on the "\LOCALJOBSERVER2" Job Queue.

Also, if you look at the JobQueueInfo utility, you can also see the Job Queue that the Job Chain is running on by looking at the "Executing Server".   "Executing Server" does not mean the server/host.   It means the "Job Queue", which is configured on any host running the Identity Manager Job Server (Server Service, DGE Agent).

If you don't know which JobServer that the Job Chain is running on, then you can look at the "Job server state" of the JobQueueInfo and scroll to the right to look at the "Generate queue" column.

• Thanks for your input!

I have imported module and set the correct path.Also, i have executed below command in Powershell and it is executed successfully.

Set-QServiceConnection -Deployment D-ServerName S -Port 8722 

But, while executing the job chain i am still having the same issue.I guess the default path for Import-module "<path>" which is there is in script is not applicable to us, so i modified the path in script but still i have same issue.

Kindly guide.

• I have done the DG connector changes.But, while executing "Add to Data Governance" job chain i am still having the same issue.I guess the default path for Import-module "<path>" which is there is in script is not applicable to us, so i modified the path in script but still i have same issue.

Kindly suggest how this issue can be fixed.

• What host does the "QAM.Client.Powershell.dll" exists on?

What host does "\LOCALSERVER2" exists on?

How did you modify the path to in the script?

Reply Children
  • Thanks for your valuable inputs!

I have QAM.Client.Powershell.dll at this path: C:\Program Files\One Identity\One Identity Manager New\JobServer\QAM.Client.PowerShell.dll

Using this path i am able to import module and execute set-qserviceconnection command in Powershell.

In order to perform the same through script(using job chain) i changed the default path to the above existing path as per my architecture.(changed script parameter in Designer)

But after that also, i am getting same error.

Is it wrong to update the default path in script(job chain)? If yes then is it correct way to copy the .dll file manually to this path:C:\Program Files\One Identity\One Identity Manager

Kindly suggest.