This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Changing employee account password in Portal (v8.0.1). Strange behaviour

Hi there,

In version 8.0.1 ,using the Password Portal, once authenticated, the user is presented with two options:

1. Change one or more passwords.
  2. Change the central password.

Option 1 shows the employee account along with other accounts the employee has.

Option 2 shows a popup informing of all the accounts affected by the central password. One of them,  is the employee account too.

If I chose the first option and mark the employee account then the change is performed successfully.

If I chose the second option, then the password is changed for all the accounts successfully, except for the employee account. This latter gets somehow corrupted and it is not usable anymore. 

How can this be? Note: the database is encrypted.

Thanks!!

Parents
  • Hello,

This makes sense for the second option as the central password is used to change passwords on downstream target systems, i.e. the ADSAccount.

Resetting the central password does not reset the DialogUserPassword for the Employee, but the first option does.

So if you want to change the Employee password, use the first option; to change just the password for the target system user, use the second.

But I don't understand what is happening to your Employee password.  Are you trying to use the original password for the Employee or that of the central password?

George explained the password differences in an earlier post: www.quest.com/.../difference-and-uses-of-centralpassword-person-and-dialoguserpassword-person.

Trevor

• Hello,

This makes sense for the second option as the central password is used to change passwords on downstream target systems, i.e. the ADSAccount.

Resetting the central password does not reset the DialogUserPassword for the Employee, but the first option does.

So if you want to change the Employee password, use the first option; to change just the password for the target system user, use the second.

But I don't understand what is happening to your Employee password.  Are you trying to use the original password for the Employee or that of the central password?

George explained the password differences in an earlier post: www.quest.com/.../difference-and-uses-of-centralpassword-person-and-dialoguserpassword-person.

Trevor

Children
No Data