This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to create/update AD account due to password policy

Hi,

We are trying to create an account in AD. It creates the account in AD but while setting the password it throws below error

Error executing user_password_Set on object CN=91005,OU=Offsite Contractors,OU=US Berwyn,OU=all users,DC=dfctest,DC=local (Error: [System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException] Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
[2226225] Password change for 91005 could not completed. The password does not meet policy requirements.
[System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException] Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
[System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException] The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)).
Password change for 91005 could not completed. The password does not meet policy requirements.
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Even when we are trying to update any user's password, it is throwing this same error. We updated the password policy in One Identity according to AD still didnt work. Please suggest how this can be resolved. Thank you.

Parents
  • My first idea would be that the active password policy is not the updated one. Per Default the active password policy is the One Identity Manager password policy. To use an other policy it needs to be assigned. Go to the Active Directory password policy and assign it to the corresponding column and active directory.
    When you have identified that the correct password policy is used and it still doesn't work. Use Manager, choose the policy and navigate to the test tab. There you can test the password and see why it doesn't apply with the password policy.
    Your welcome,
    Tomi

• Hi.. I checked the policy and modified according to the policy set in AD. I even set the same password directly in AD which is working but while trying to set that same password via One Identity, it is throwing an error. I tried to generate the password in password policy itself and tried to set this same password still didnt work.

• Did you check the link provided by Barry? Your error is during the password set operation against AD and not inside of OneIM, means, the OneIM password policies are not the reason for the error.

Reply Children
No Data