This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

web designer - database query

Hi,

I'm trying to create a database query because I need some data from more database table so I would like to use join.

First I've tried with adding it manually to the collections. The sql expression is the simplest for just the sake of test - like 'select UID_TroubleTicket from TroubleTicket where isClosed = 0''. I tried it with adding the UID_TroubleTicket property to the collection also. Unfortunately the collection is always empty. Tried it with loading the data in the Initializer, but with that I got an error.

I've tried it with the wizard, it showed me the data in the window where I can test my query, but than when I open the page it shows error:

One or more errors occurred.
The SQL result set has no common properties with the collection.
My version is 7.1.4.
Any example how can I use it would be amazing...
Parents Reply
  • Hi Trevor,

I've managed to solve it with the wizard. BTW in the SQL management studio and in the query tester window of the wizard it returned the result.

The problem was that the returned columns were not added as a property to the collection - what I don't really understand why doesn't the wizard add them...

So now it's working, but it's not too comfortable because it doesn't set the SQL expression of the collection, instead it generates an SQL command and just calls that in the load method of the collection, but with this I can't  (or at least I don't know where to) modify the query, every time I have to generate the whole collection with the manually given parameters again.

This time again, the documentation didn't help much...

But thanks anyways!

Children
No Data