Business Role Creation from a Sync Project in One Identity Manager 8.1

In a mapping in a sync project to mapping to a new Business role, AkA Org table,  I receive the following error (hopefully the image works):

In the error it states "Org: The following fields are compulsory and need to be filled: Business Role". I assume "Business Role" is Ident_Org, which in the error, you can see is filled out. I can copy these values into Object Browser and create the role without issue. What am I missing in doing this via a Sync Project? Is there a setting or a step I might have done that I should not that may cause this behavior? It generates this error on every attempt to add a Business Role, not just one. 

Parents
  • Hi Joshua

I have recently made same import for the roles creation. I used dataimporter, but that should not be show stopper since logic should be the same. For creation of role you need to populate Ident_Org as you wrote above.

If you create hirearchy you must be carefull that parent business role exists! So youo might import bussines roles without hirearch first and later introduce hirearchy.

Andrej

• I cannot do a data import. I have a tool, that when HR creates a new Job Title in their software, OneIM auto creates the matching Business Role. I had this working with Resources until I finally realized you cannot assign entitlements (Ad Groups, etc) to resources. To test, I was trying to just create a simple regular business roles using defaults. Again works fine if I enter the data via Object Browser, or making resources or System Roles. I would use a system role... but I need a assignment resource so its available in ITShop. Is the system not capable of creating a Business Role from a sync project? Is it prevented for some reason? 

• There is nothing that should actively prevent creating Business Roles from a synchronization project.

Can you provide a screenshot of your mapping, please?

Did you activate the data import flag at the workflow step for importing the business roles?

• OrgRoot and OrgType are Fixed Value strings set the appropriate GUIDs as you can see in the error in my first screen shot. All the data appears to be populating correctly. I tried to complete other fields and I tried with the data import flag on and off. All result with the same error. This screen shot shows what I believe should be the bare minimum required. 

• OrgRoot and OrgType are Fixed Value strings set the appropriate GUIDs as you can see in the error in my first screen shot. All the data appears to be populating correctly. I tried to complete other fields and I tried with the data import flag on and off. All result with the same error. This screen shot shows what I believe should be the bare minimum required. 

Children
No Data