Get Job Service Status from Queue Name - v8.0

Hello Experts

Is it progammatically possible to query the status of a particular service given the name of the queue? 

The JobQueueInfo tool already does this (when selecting "Get Status" or F5), is it possible to do this via the scripting API?

So, for instance I have a queue named "Queue01" hosted on a job service, can I find out if the job service is stopped or running? For my use case it is safe to assume a service has one and only one queue on it

Thanks

Kin

Top Replies

Parents
  • With the name of the queue, you can fetch the necessary information for the heartbeat call from the QBMServer table.

The same status information as shown in the Jobqueue Info tool can be fetched by a web request against the URL <protocol>://<hostname>:<port>/hb

If the service is operational, you will get an XML in return. A sample is shown below.

<hb>
    <hb-host>IAMS01</hb-host>
    <hb-datetime>2020-02-17 20:41:42</hb-datetime>
    <hb-version>8.1.161.5406</hb-version>
    <hb-user>IAM\Administrator</hb-user>
    <hb-revision>344749090</hb-revision>
    </hb>

• With the name of the queue, you can fetch the necessary information for the heartbeat call from the QBMServer table.

The same status information as shown in the Jobqueue Info tool can be fetched by a web request against the URL <protocol>://<hostname>:<port>/hb

If the service is operational, you will get an XML in return. A sample is shown below.

<hb>
    <hb-host>IAMS01</hb-host>
    <hb-datetime>2020-02-17 20:41:42</hb-datetime>
    <hb-version>8.1.161.5406</hb-version>
    <hb-user>IAM\Administrator</hb-user>
    <hb-revision>344749090</hb-revision>
    </hb>

Children