v8.0 - Web Designer - Using Fill Collection on database object

Hi Experts

I have a requirement where I need to load a large number of PersonWantsOrg (PWO) objects and have a number of calculated properties on each record. This is quite slow to do in the front end, so instead I have written a SQL query and I load a Custom collection (database query) to run this query and load all the records.

Now, I'm using Fill Collection to populate the PWO collection using my custom collection instead of loading the PWO collection from the database, however it is not copying all the columns from my custom collection into the PWO collection. For instance, all the CustomProperty columns are not being copied. I have ensure my custom collection has all the properties in the PWO table as well, and I'm filling the PWO collection using a simple query

from PWOToDecide_SQL select *

Any suggestions as to why column values are not being copied using fill collection?

Thanks

Kin

PS: I also tried with the following

from PWOToDecide_SQL select (CustomProperty10,DisplayPersonOrdered)

I have verified both columns are present in my custom SQL collection PWOToDecide_SQL. The code snippet generated is as follows

VI.WebRuntime.ColumnInsertValues _insertValues2 = new VI.WebRuntime.ColumnInsertValues();
this.PWOToDecide.Insert(new VI.WebRuntime.ResultSet(new string[] {
"CustomProperty10", "DisplayPersonOrdered"}, this.PWOToDecide_SQL.Select(row_PWOToDecide_SQL =>
{
VI.WebRuntime.IDataColumn _CustomProperty1053 = this.PWOToDecide_SQL.GetColumn("CustomProperty10");
VI.WebRuntime.IDataColumn _DisplayPersonOrdered27 = this.PWOToDecide_SQL.GetColumn("DisplayPersonOrdered");
return new VI.WebRuntime.ResultSetRow(new object[] {
_CustomProperty1053.GetValue(row_PWOToDecide_SQL).String, _DisplayPersonOrdered27.GetValue(row_PWOToDecide_SQL).String});
}
)), 2147483647, _insertValues2);

Parents
  • Hi kinshasa,

I'm not quite sure what your use case might be.

What does someone with this huge amount of data do? 

Just browsing/viewing is with huge amount of data and our grid is not slow at all. If you don't use interactive identity's and our grid with automatic load.

For changing/editing data there are two scenarios. Just one dataset works fine with creating an interactive identity. For very large amount of data I would recommend an outsorcing to the jobqueue.

For the calculated property, should it be persistent? Than I would recommend a script / rule on a property, which can be done in Designer.

Regards,

Geraldine

• Hi kinshasa,

I'm not quite sure what your use case might be.

What does someone with this huge amount of data do? 

Just browsing/viewing is with huge amount of data and our grid is not slow at all. If you don't use interactive identity's and our grid with automatic load.

For changing/editing data there are two scenarios. Just one dataset works fine with creating an interactive identity. For very large amount of data I would recommend an outsorcing to the jobqueue.

For the calculated property, should it be persistent? Than I would recommend a script / rule on a property, which can be done in Designer.

Regards,

Geraldine

Children
  • HI Geraldine

Thanks for your reply

At our customer there is a significant amount of business logic which runs behind each approval PWO, and the large number of calculated properties are virtual, although I suppose you are right that we can extend the PWO table and use templates instead to populate those.

Unfortunately the entities need to be interactive (hence the collection needs to be database type) since each PWO can be approved/denied by calling the customizer.

Still, the question remains that why would fill collection not populate only certain properties in the PWO collection, is fill collection limited by the number of properties to be populated?